Are You Kidding Me?!

Are You Kidding Me?!

Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Irony and Versatility

This is quite ironic. Two funny things about the title of this award: The Versatile Blogger

1. I’m not sure I consider myself a blogger (I have a blog but don't really consider myself in the same company as the many talented "bloggers" out there.)

2. I just had a conversation with my husband about my versatility as a writer (I'm a Lifetstyle writer who also writes flash fiction and satire pieces while working on my creative nonfiction and some children's' books. So some could consider me flighty while other, nicer people, like my husband, would say I'm versatile.)

Anyway, here I am with this Versatile Blogger Award thanks to the lovely and talented Anne Goodwin who writes at annethology. Thank you, Anne!

And because I procrastinate and love stressing myself out, I didn’t finish this and now have been given this award again by the amazing Lisa Reiter who writes beautiful stuff at Sharing the Story and challenges other writers by inviting them to participate in her Bite Size Memoirs. Thank you, Lisa!

I consider myself lucky to have met both of these wonderful women.


Versatile Blogger Award
For this award, the deal is as follows:
  • Thank the person who gave you this award. Include a link to their blog.
  • Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award and include a link to their sites. (This is my next step and will be done without much delay. As Anne writes in this blog post, acceptance is optional.)
  • Tell everyone 7 things about yourself.

So, down to it then. Seven secrets about me that you all are simply dying to know. Okay, since I write about myself, some of these aren’t very secret but whatever. Here goes:
1. My natural hair color is (was) blond but I colored it brown. When I became pregnant, I stopped coloring my hair and it grew in almost the exact shade I was coloring it. (Except for the purple streak…that’s colored. And wicked cool.)


2. I love essential oils and use them almost every day. Lavender is my favorite.


3. I still believe in fairies. (We have fairy doors in our home and build fairy houses in our yard. Though they don't look as beautiful as this one.)

From "Fairy Houses Everywhere"
by Barry & Tracy Kane

4. I love herbal tea. I have so much that it takes up two shelves in my kitchen and I buy it in bulk.


5. I fell off a stone at Avebury and landed in nettle. (And took my dear friend down in the process.)


6. I got stuck in a phone booth in Paris with a mime outside.

I have no picture for this.
Would you really want to witness my pain in that way?

7. I have a bag in my car at all times filled with blankets, clothing, and Dunkin' Donuts gift cards so I can give items or food to someone who needs it.





And the award goes to...

As Anne and Geoff both say, some people may feel like this is a chain-letter type of award, and as such I will repeat that this is an optional acceptance. Geoff really explains it well in this post.

Okay... I did it! Fifteen bloggers. They are all awesome and there's quite a variety here so sure to be something for everyone. :-) Please check them out. 

Kristen at Little Lodestar

Loni Townsend at Squirrel Talk

Cristina at Filling My Prayer Closet  

Pete at Father Knows Little

Robin L. Flanigan at The Kinetic Pen  

B.A. Wilson Writes 

Casey Rose at Casey On Purpose

Keely Hutton at Writer's Dojo  

Elena Linville at Tower of Winds

Shane King at Shangel's Reviews (A must for BtVS and Angel fans.)

Amanda at Gun in Act One  

Georgia Bell at Unbound (All Good Things)

Three lovely ladies who tackle the topic and issues of giftedness each in her own way. Bravo to all of you for helping kids, teachers, and families. 

Jade Rivera   

Colleen Kessler at Raising Lifelong Learners   

Celi Trepanier at Crushing Tall Poppies 

I'm going to go ahead and include The Grimm Report in my nominations because, even though they are more of a collection of articles, they do reside online and therefore qualify (technically). And they are extraordinarily versatile with all the stories and voices from the different contributors as well as the amazing podcasts.